When Sofa agrees with Pat Robertson… I’m not sure what to say…
Well, in response to the Florida school shooting. Here is Pat Robertson and what sounds like a call for both background checks, and assault weapons to be banned.
Possibly the best sign of anything from this corner of America Christianity for a while?
To prepare for Easter… which this year is on 1st April…
May the Jesus / Easter / April Fools memes begin!!
Seriously, whoever came up with how the Easter date is calculated probably should have seen this one coming, right?
He’s appeared in a toilet, toast, a receipt ,a Nintendo, a spot of grease, a landslide, a pregnancy scan, a red arrows show, a toilet, a drinks cabinet, a spot of grease, a water fountain, a pizza, and even a smoke cloud*… and now.
Now it seems that Jesus has also appeared in a log fire!
More information is over at The Telegraph.
Have you found Jesus in the flames recently?
Speaking in Tongues.
Every now and then a colder night comes along and reminds us of a simple fact of life. Its still not Summer yet, and the heating gets turned up.
But how should a Christian heat their home? We have a few ideas…
- Have a hot mug of Church Coffee. There’s not much taste but you’ll have heat your home if you bring enough home.
- Get home group over, and arrange to meet in the smallest room you have. The combined body heat, will at least warm your room up.
- Invite the deaconate over. The hot air will warm your home up. For weeks.
- Cook for EVERYONE in church. The heat from your cooker will at least warm your kitchen up. But it may also melt any chocolate you have.
- Spend your days and nights doing as many exercise routines that you can, you’ll be shattered, but you will probably feel warmer for it!
- Pews. Fire Place? Just saying…?
- Pray for fire to fall from heaven… and for it to fall in a safe and accurate way. Accurate, because you probably don’t want your home to burn down, due to an access amount of heavenly fire.
- Use those left over Bible study notes as fuel for the fire.
- Spend long enough watching this on your TV…
Yes. Christian Mingle. The Christian Dating website, has its own Christian film. Perfect for a Christian Valentine Day movie?
How Good At Lent Are You? Really? How Good are you?
In case you’ve not noticed. Its Pancake day today, therefore tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.
What are you giving up? More to the point…
How long do you think you can last?
Breaking up the 40 days of lent into 5 minute chunks, how long do you think you can keep Lent going for? Print out our below tick list to count the days you have done successfully done Lent.
|Amount of Days||Tick|
|1 > 5||| ||
|6 > 10||| ||
|11 > 15||| ||
|16 > 20||| ||
|21 > 25||| ||
|26 > 30||| ||
|31 > 35||| ||
|36 > 40||| ||
Sundays obviously don’t count.
Remember. If you do all 40 days with no problems, then you obviously didn’t give up anything difficult enough!
Do you “do” Lent?
Are you “good” at Lent?
Are you thinking of giving up, not just one or two things – but ALL THE THINGS!!!????
Save time having conversations about Lent with this T Shirt!
Perfect for a humble Christian giving up EVERYTHING for Lent!
Get it (and support the Sofa), from Redbubble.
PLEASE NOTE. Its totally not me in the above picture. My hair doesn’t look that good.