From the pen of AsboJesus
Interesting video from Huffington Post:
The Huffington Post reports:
NEW YORK — Should Hillary Clinton be the next president of the United States? There are plenty of sound reasons why not –- an intimacy with Wall Street, dubious achievements as Secretary of State, the need for new blood in the political arena, excessive secrecy and so on. Her gender, however, is not one of them (for some voters the benefit of having the first woman in the White House probably outweighs many of the political objections).
Yet one Texas woman thinks otherwise. Cheryl Rios, a company CEO in Dallas, wrote on Facebook that she’d “move to Canada” if Hillary became President. Why? God, of course… “There’s an old biblical sound reasoning why a woman shouldn’t be president,” Rios told a local news station. Unfortunately, the reporter didn’t ask her where in the book God forbade women from becoming the leader of a country that didn’t yet exist, in a region thousands of miles from the Middle East.
In her initial Facebook post, Rios wrote: “With the hormones we have, there is no way [a woman] should be able to start a war. Yes I run my own business and I love it and I am great at it BUT that is not the same as being the President, that should be left to a man, a good, strong, honorable man.”
Read rest at Huffington Post.
Few questions about this:
Where does it say that a woman shouldn’t be President?
What happens in Canada has a female head of state?
Found over at offbeat.
He’s appeared in a toilet, toast, a receipt ,a Nintendo, a landslide, pizza, a toilet, and even a spot of grease… and now.
It seems that Jesus has now appeared in a tooth.
According the Huffington Post:
Getting dental X-rays turned out to be a religious experience for a woman in Flagstaff, Arizona.
When Kym Ackerman, 32, went in for her regular dental check-up on March 25, the hygienist didn’t find any cavities, but they did see something else: The image of Jesus in one her left-side molars.
“At my dentist, the computer shows the X-rays as soon as they are taken,” Ackerman told The Huffington Post. “I said to the hygienist, ‘That looks crazy! Do you see I what I see?”
The hygienist agreed that the shape inside the molar did indeed look like Jesus and added, “I never see anything in anyone’s teeth.”
The dentist wasn’t as impressed.
Read the rest over at Huffington Post.
If Jesus really has appeared in a tooth, would there be any theological repercussions if that tooth ever needed to be extracted?
Congratulations. You have managed to make it to Church.
Actually hang on, you’ve managed to get to Church and not forget any family members on route. Massive Congratulations on not losing anyone.
Now, if your group includes a child, you need to remember – there are certain dangers you need to look out for when you take a child to Church.
- Being late, and having to contend with a church warden / steward “encouraging” you and your wiggly toddler to the front of the Church… whilst there are safer seats (and space to run at the back).
- Vicar: “Now lets take a moment of silent prayer”. Little One: “I NEED A POO!!!”.
- Formally breast fed toddlers getting jealous of the sight of a really little one getting breast fed… and running over to get a quick meal.
- The kid getting confused between a potty and the baptismal font.
- Is it your turn on the preaching rota? This will be the Sunday when your kid demands to play trains…with you… during the sermon.
- Has your toddler ever took their nappy off by themselves? THIS could be when they work it out!
- Toddler. Tantrums. Could be anytime?
- Your child refuses to be in their group (koala effect), but is too unsettled to be quiet enough for you to take them into the main service, hence you are stuck in the corridor limbo.
Any more you’ve come across?
Post originally appeared on The Dads Sofa.