Can I have a word about that sermon during the Royal Wedding?
You know the one that has had its text printed on websites all over the place.
There seems to be a number of comments about the length of the sermon, with the question being. Was the sermon too long?
I’m interested in what you think?
Personally I think it was quick compared to many… many sermons I’ve heard.
Please vote on my Twitter poll to tell me how long a sermon should be…
… or leave a comment below!
Are you used to 60 min plus sermons? Do you feel short changed by anything less than 20 minutes? Do you drift off after 9 minutes?
Let me know below…
Did you avoid watching The Royal Wedding?
But have you heard people (including The Sofa) rave about the sermon?
Want to know what people are going on about, with out… watching The Royal Wedding?
Here you go…
In case you missed it, here is Sky News interviewing Archbish Justin, and Bish Curry… the subject of the above sermon came up…
I remember hearing about you when I was growing up.
I saw your movies.
I saw your TV shows. (Seriously, thank you for the X Files).
I heard about the food.
Your larger than life personalities seemed cooler then us Brits, and heck. Even your politicians seemed more interesting then what we had. In fact.
That’s probably still the case.
You gave the world Ghostbusters.
You have Disney World – which back then seemed like a far away wonderland of excitement.
You even have New York.
You are better then the news we are hearing. Please be great, and do something about gun safety.
Can’t find were this came from originally, please let me know someone! I kinda love it…
It seems to happen. Sooner or later, a Church with a church building of a certain age needs to look into fixing their roof.
Now presuming people would normally give money to their church anyway, what else can be done to raise – the extra – money for the Church roof?
Here are our 10 different ideas for raising money for a new church roof*:
- Hire it as a football pitch. Could sell any holes in the roof as “special goals”.
- Roof top tours. Just like the cathedral..?
- Divert money from the fund for a new driveway?
- Obstacle course!! Particularly good if there are bits that people may fall down.
- Storage space for outside equipment. Just chuck it on the roof!
- Sponsored tent making competition. Aim to create the best temporary church roof, that way you’re encouraging people to give money for the new roof, while coming up with a short term solution!
- Roof Top Garden. Charge people to plant anything in your roof.
- Weather reporting platform. Hire it to your local TV station for local weather forecasts.
- Outdoor drama stage hire. Perfect for performances of the passion around Easter time.
- Stage for local bands. Something like this?
What other ideas do you have?
*The Church Sofa takes no responsibility for people falling off / through / into the roof. Any injuries what so ever. Any police arresting you or anyone for any of the above. In fact. The Church Sofa takes no responsibility, for anything.
(People I work with / Mrs Sofa – Please don’t feel the need to agree with the above paragraph!)
Love this new video from Philippa Hanna. The Hero.
America! It looks like you have a new social network incoming called USA.Life.
(I realise that a social network online is generally to be used by people on the internet, but theres something about this that feels a little American focused).
Perhaps its the Pro-America algorithm?
Or maybe its something about the banner on its website…
Check out the USA.Life website for more information (, and a video that seems to have disabled embedding).
Are you tempted to sign up to USA.Life?
(h/t to Christian Nightmares)
Ever had that mate who supplied good wine?
Any chance you could arrange some of that wine to be delivered?
Obviously for free or something…