So you’re there.
You’re either at church, homegroup, or some other christian gathering, and you’re being prayed for. You may be surrounded by a group of people, or you may be in a corner of a room, either way you are the focus of the spiritual attention. Whatever you do. Don’t think about the following when you’re being prayed for:
- How attractive that woman / man praying for you might be – and why are they holding your hand anyway?
- Has the oven timer started ok? You dont want the dinner to be burnt / cold.
- Why is that persons hand so warm and clammy?
- Why does that person push down on your shoulder so hard?
- Rating peoples prayers out of 10. Don’t do this. Its not cool.
- Who’s that smell?
- “What on earth did they mean by that?”
- Mentally correct their grammar in your head.
- Whats the most prayerful way to be standing? Are you in the most holy position? Does God smile more with my arms up or my arms down?
- The feeling of regret that comes with having that hot curry 45 minutes before the meeting began.
Any more that you can suggest?
So I figured, that in an attempt to break up the silliness around here, I’d share a photo of life away from silly church blog things.
Until I come up with a better name for this, I’ll call it the #RandomPhotoMoment – I’d say its weekly, but we all now how well that goes*.
Taken in Haldon Forest here in Devon, I wondered if I had found a new happy place. (I guess I might need a holiday or something if I’m looking for “happy places”).
Where’s your happy places? Do you have any?
*weekly stuff doesn’t often happen weekly.
Well… I guess it does look beautiful…